According to retail analytics firm ShopperTrak, 2014 holiday retail sales in the U.S. grew at a rate we haven’t seen in nearly ten years. What does that mean for retailers big and small?
It obviously means that the U.S. retail economy is trending upward in a big way. More importantly, it’s the ideal time – the best in 10 years actually – to properly prepare your shop(s) for the continued retail upswing by stocking your shelves with even more on-trend products that also provide you the highest margins.
Here are 6 more reasons to get excited for 2015 (and beyond):
- Last year U.S. retailers saw their best holiday season since 2005
- Retail sales growth in 2014 was the largest it had been in 9 years
- November 2014 sales grew 2.2% (they declined the year before)
- In December 2014 sales grew 2.9%
- 2014 was the fifth consecutive year of brick-and-mortar sales growth, with a notable acceleration from 2013
- Consumers are putting less emphasis on Black Friday and shopping steadily before and after
The ASD Insider created this handy little infographic for you to view, download and share.
Need help getting your store ready for 2015? and 2016? and beyond? Attend the next ASD Market Week in Las Vegas, featuring the largest lifestyle, fashion + accessories, and general merchandise trade show in the U.S. And it’s all free. Get your ticket here.